Frequently Asked Questions
Armed Transparent Burglar Bars
1. What do you mean that the transparent burglar bars are armed?
The transparent burglar bars are connected to an active alarm system that gives you permanent perimeter protection without even activating your alarm. Your panic button is always active and so will your Armed Bars!
2. What happens if one touches the clear burglar bars?
Nothing! No shock, no screaming siren and reaction units running around!
The wired alarm is completely enclosed in the transparent bar and prevents accidental false alarms while providing complete perimeter security to you and your family.
3. Will my cat activate the alarm when moving through these bars?
No, you can open, close or clean the windows and even push against the bars without activating the alarm.
4. When will alarm then be activated?
The alarm will only be activated when someone breaks the wire in the Armed Bar whilst attempting to enter your home through the windows or doors.
Should the intruder try to break these strips:
- By cutting it with a hacksaw or bolt cutter, it will immediately activate the alarm;
- By kicking out the strips (which is very difficult because they are flexible), the special brackets will stay behind, the wire will break and the alarm will be activated;
- By using chemicals to weaken the polycarbonate or by melting the bars, the wires will break or still be an “obstacle” that needs to be “removed” before entering;
- By tampering with or bridging the wires, an end of line resister will immediately activate the alarm when the difference in voltage is picked up.
5. There are so many types of alarm products and beams on the market, why use ViewProtect Armed Bars?
- Armed Bars provides you with both physical and alarm protection. Other alarm products do not give you physical protection in and around your house;
- Armed Bar is always active and provides 24/7 protection. Other alarm sensors (except your panic button) must be deactivated when you are “living” in your house;
- Armed Bar eliminates false alarms caused by the accidental opening of windows, movement of animal and branches, insect infestations, etc.
6. What do you mean that the security bars are insect proof?
Standard alarm sensors are sensitive to crawling insects, such as spiders that may accidentally activate your alarm if they move close to the sensors, or ants that are attracted to the heat of the sensor. Armed Bars are security bars that have no heat source or sensors that could cause your alarm to be activated by insects.
7. Will the wires rust, for example, at my beach house?
An option between stainless steel wires or tin-copper wires are used to prevent any false alarms due to corrosion. When installed, the wires are connected using a Scotchlock connector that covers all wire components with a silicone -based liquid, offering a double protection against corrosion.
8. Will the Armed Bar work on a wireless alarm system?
Yes. A transmitter needs to be installed at the window, and a receiver in the alarm control box.
9. Can I install the Armed Bars myself?
No, only installers that have been trained by ViewProtect can install our Armed Bars. ViewProtect are the manufacturers and distributors of the Armed Bars and protect their patented product from misuse by unauthorised installers, in order to maintain the highest possible standards.
10. How can I become an Armed Bar installer?
Send your details to us and provide a synopsis of your expertise, and a ViewProtect representative will contact you. Should you meet our requirements for potential Armed Bar installers, we will enrol you for training.